If this occurs with your grid file, turn off the contour smoothing:
- Select the Contours layer in the Contents window.
- In the Properties window, click the General tab.
- Set the Smoothing value to None.
If you want to smooth your contours, smooth the grid file itself and then create the contour map from the smoothed grid. You can smooth a grid file in a few different ways:
- Grid the data with a higher resolution (more grid nodes) for a smoother result.
- Smooth the grid file using Grids | Edit | Spline Smooth.
- Smooth the grid using Grids | Edit | Filter with a low-pass filter.
Substitute the new GRD file in the contour map, or create a new contour map from the new GRD file.
Updated December 19, 2021