Surfer's system requirements are listed below.
- Windows 10, 11 or higher
- 64-bit operation system support
- 1024x768 or higher monitor resolution with minimum 16-bit color depth
- At least 500 MB free hard disk space
- At least 512 MB RAM
System Recommendations for best performance:
- Windows 10, 11, or higher
- 64-bit operating system
- 500 GB or larger hard-drive with at least 25% disk space available.
- 16 GB RAM or larger
- Gridding, contouring, and color relief operations, all of which are heavily computational, are processor reliant and are multi-threaded. In Surfer, you will find a setting at File | Options | General | Max number of processors to use. It should be set to use all cores.
- For gridding and contouring operations, CPU performance is important. The more cores the better.
- When working consistently with very large data files, more RAM is important.
- Turning off auto recovery can help performance in some cases. It is OFF by default, but it can be enabled at File | Options | General | Save auto recovery information.
Updated June 2023