Navigating the world of software licensing can sometimes be intricate, and Golden Software understands the importance of flexibility for its users. Whether you're transitioning between devices, updating your server, or making changes to your software setup, the ability to deactivate your Golden Software products is crucial. This article provides a comprehensive guide on how to effectively deactivate Golden Software products, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for all end users.
|Table of Contents
Deactivate single user and concurrent use licenses through My Account
The Golden Software My Account portal offers a streamlined solution for managing both single user and concurrent use licenses. Whether an end user faces a computer malfunction or loses access to their device, or an IT Administrator needs to adjust licenses for remote employees, the portal provides a seamless way to deactivate licenses. This flexibility is especially beneficial for system upgrades, team changes, or for those seeking greater control over their software.
Both single user and concurrent use licenses can be deactivated online following the instructions below.
- Sign in to your account at My Account
Note: If you haven't logged in before, please create an account following the instructions found here. If you forgot your password, please following the instructions to reset your password found here.
- Click the My Products button
- Click the desired product key in the list of products to expand the product information section
- After the page refreshes, locate the appropriate Computer Name in the list under Activations and then click Deactivate
Deactivate single user license within the software
Strater, Surfer and Grapher single-user licenses can be activated on two computers simultaneously. If you need to move your single-user license to a new computer, it will first need to be deactivated from the old computer. Please note: uninstalling the application will not deactivate the license.
To deactivate your single user license from within the software, please follow the directions below, or view the video at the bottom of this section:
- Click File | License Info
- Click Deactivate License in the License Information dialog
Video: How to deactivate a single user license within the software
Deactivate concurrent use license from the license server within License Administrator
Concurrent-use licenses are specifically activated on the license server. They cannot be deactivated merely by uninstalling the Golden Software applications. Furthermore, such a license can only be activated on a single license server at any given time. If there's a need to transfer the license to a new server, it must be deactivated from the current server first.
To deactivate your concurrent use license from within the software, please follow the directions below, or view the video at the bottom of this section:
- Open the Golden Software License Administrator.
- Click Deactivate on the left side of the License Administrator. Note that the license cannot be in use by end-users when these steps are performed and they will be unable to access the license until the new server is activated and they are connected.
- In the Select a product to deactivate window, click the desired product in the Activated Products list.
License Administrator: Deactivating a concurrent use license on a license server.
- Click Deactivate.
Video: How to deactivate a concurrent use license within License Administrator
Release a concurrent seat within the software (client computer)
While you cannot deactivate a concurrent use license from within the client side software, you can forget the license server, which comes in handy if you need to connect to a different license server, or if you'd like to switch from a concurrent use license to a single user license. Follow these instructions to release a concurrent seat from within the software, or view the video at the bottom of this section:
- Click File | License Info
- Click the Forget Server button
- Close all open dialogs and close the program if it does not close automatically
- Open the program
- Click the Enter Product Key button
- Enter the single-user product key and click Activate
Video: How to disconnect software from a concurrent license server
Should you have any inquiries or require further assistance, please reach out to our Customer Success Team and our legendary support agents will assist you in deactivating your products.
Updated August 2023