To move your concurrent license to a new server, you will first deactivate the license on the old server, then install the license administrator and license manager on the new server, and finally activate the license on the new server.
To deactivate the license from the old server:
- Open the Golden Software License Administrator.
- Click Deactivate on the left side of the License Administrator.
- In the Select a product to deactivate table, click the desired product in the Activated Products list.
License Administrator: Deactivating a concurrent use license on a license server.
- Click Deactivate.
To set up the new server and activate the license on it:
- Download the Sentinel_RMS_License_Manager_Installer to a location on the server computer.
- Open the folder and right-click on Setup.exe.
- Select Run as administrator from the context menu and follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- Download the GS License Administrator Installer to a location on the server computer.
- Right-click on License Administrator Installer.exe and select Run as administrator.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- Set the License Administrator to always run as administrator, if desired.
- Right-click on the License Administrator desktop icon or EXE.
- Click Properties in the context menu.
- In the Shortcut tab of the Properties dialog, click Advanced.
- In the Advanced Properties dialog, check Run as administratorand then click OK.
- Click OK in the Properties dialog.
- Open the License Administrator.
- Click Activate.
- Click Next.
- Enter your Product Key and click Activate.
The conversion is now complete. The last step is to have your end-users connect to the new server using these instructions, or push the new server through to the end-user machines using these instructions.
Updated March 27, 2018