Golden Software's Strater, Surfer and Grapher programs offer two types of licensing: single user and concurrent-use. Concurrent-use licenses are activated only on the license server and cannot be deactivated by uninstalling the Golden Software applications. Additionally, this license type can only be activated on one license server at a time. This means, if your license needs to be moved to a new server, it will need to be deactivated first.
The concurrent-use license can be deactivated in one of two ways:
From the old server:
- Open the Golden Software License Administrator.
- Click Deactivate on the left side of the License Administrator. Note that the license cannot be in use by end-users when these steps are performed and they will be unable to access the license until the new server is activated and they are connected.
- In the Select a product to deactivate window, click the desired product in the Activated Products list.
License Administrator: Deactivating a concurrent use license on a license server.
- Click Deactivate.
To deactivate online:
- Sign in to your account at http://myaccount.goldensoftware.com. If you haven't logged in before, use the instructions here to set up a password for your account.
- Click the My Products button.
- Click the desired product key in the list of products to expand the product information section.
- After the page refreshes, locate the appropriate Computer Name in the list under Activations and then click Deactivate.
Prefer a video? See below!
Instructions for performing this process for single-use licenses can be found here.
Updated April 12, 2019
Please sign in to leave a comment.