Official version history and changelog information for the Golden Software License Administrator
License Administrator 2.2.271 (October 27, 2021)
- Updated licensing webservice calls for security and compliance.
The license administrator now runs automatically when Windows is started. When the license administrator is closed or minimized, it remains running in the system tray. To close the license administrator, right-click the icon in the system tray. The user can disable the automatic running of LA from the Settings page.
- Every 12 hours a check is done to see if any license updates are available. A green up-arrow appears in the Manage page for each license that has an update available.
If the RMS version of the license manager is lower than the RMS version of the license administrator, a notification dialog appears instructing the user to update the license manager. There is also a message on the Settings page that opens the other notification dialog.
When activating a license that uses a custom locking code, the user no longer has to adjust the locking code on the Settings page before activating the product key.
- The program icon is updated to improve visibility.
- Fixed an issue where deactivation of license indicates success after an error occurs.
- Fixed an issue where a license could not be deactivated when a license update is pending.
- Improved the user message when attempting to update a disabled license.
- Improved the handling of program exceptions.
License Administrator 2.1.213 (August 21, 2018)
- Fixed an issue where Error or Error message was displayed on status tab when a seat is commuted.
- Fixed an issue where "Error: Client library not in initialized state" was displayed when adding a license string.
License Administrator 2.0.201 (February 27, 2018)
Licenses can now be updated without having all the users exit their program.
Simplified the creation of an offline activation request.
The user can now view usage logs without having to run as an administrator.
The user can now view but not change other companies licenses.
The user can now search the local network for license managers.
The license administrator works in a view-only mode when connected to a remote license manager.
The user can now receives automatic notification for License Administrator program updates.
- Fixed an issue where the a crash could occur when searching for license servers and some license servers have very long FQNs.
- Fixed an issue where an error or crash could occur when opening the license administrator on server with no license manager running.
- Fixed an issue where "Error: Client library not in initialized state" would appear when adding a license string.
License Administrator 1.0.96 (December 19, 2016)
- Initial release.