In order to run a concurrent license the Sentinel RMS License Manager service must be installed. The Sentinel RMS License Manager is responsible for the back-end task of managing the licenses. The Golden Software License Administrator, which provides a user interface to the License Manage, should also be installed.
If you get the following error message when opening the License Administrator, then the License Manager isn't running on that computer.
If you uninstalled the Sentinel RMS License Manager, you can download and reinstall it by downloading it from Golden Software's product download page.
If you stopped or disabled the Windows service called "Sentinel RMS License Manager", you will need to enable it again. It is not an application, but is a background service that must be running at all times to serve up license seats. Follow these steps to restart the service:
- Type "Services" into the Windows Start Menu search bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Scroll down to Sentinel RMS License Manager.
- Right click on Sentinel RMS License Manager and click Start.
If the license manager is installed and running on a different computer than from where you are running the License Administrator, then
- Click the Settings tab in the License Administrator.
- Click in the License Server field and select the server computer where the license manager is installed.
Updated March 2022