This article provides step-by-step instructions on how to open UDP port 5093 for the efficient distribution of concurrent licenses for Surfer, Grapher, or Strater software. It's essential for both the license server and client computers to have this port open to ensure seamless communication and license allocation.
- UDP port 5093 needs to be open in both incoming and outgoing directions
- This configuration is necessary on both the license server and client computers
- TCP port 5093 is not utilized; only UDP port 5093 is required
Automated port opening
During the installation of the Sentinel RMS License Manager, UDP port 5093 is typically opened automatically unless explicitly denied. If the installation is successful and network licenses are operational, there's no need for further action.
Manual port opening procedure
In cases where UDP port 5093 is not opened automatically, follow the steps below to manually configure the Inbound and Outbound Rules on both the license server and client machines.
Steps to Open UDP Port 5093
- Navigate to the Control Panel on your computer
- Go to System & Security > Windows Firewall > Advanced Settings
- Here, you will create two new rules: an Inbound Rule and an Outbound Rule
Creating an Inbound Rule:
- Click on 'Inbound Rules' on the left sidebar, and then ‘New Rule’ on the right sidebar
- Select 'Port' and click ‘Next’
- Choose 'UDP' and specify the local port as 5093
- Select ‘Allow the connection’ and click ‘Next’
- Ensure the rule is applied to Domain, Private, and Public by checking all options and click ‘Next’
- Name the rule (e.g., "UDP 5093 Inbound") and provide an optional description for future reference
Creating an Outbound Rule:
- Click on 'Outbound Rules' on the left sidebar, and then ‘New Rule’ on the right sidebar
- Follow steps 2 through 5 from the Inbound Rule creation process above, ensuring to name the rule appropriately (e.g., "UDP 5093 Outbound")
The opening of UDP port 5093 is typically confirmed when any Golden Software product is installed and runs successfully with a concurrent license on the client machine.
Ensuring that UDP port 5093 is open on both the license server and client computers is crucial for the uninterrupted and efficient distribution of Surfer, Grapher, or Strater concurrent licenses. Follow the outlined steps to manually configure the port if it isn’t automatically opened during the installation process.
If you require further assistance with manually opening the UDP Port 5093, please reach out to our Customer Success Team and our legendary support agents will help get your software setup properly.
Updated October 2023