In today’s environment, software tools play an important role in streamlining workflows, analyzing and locating opportunities, and assisting in the decision making process. Therefore, it is important to maximize the exposure to these software applications while minimizing costs.
Concurrent-use licenses, also known as network or floating licenses, are one way your company can maximize access to Golden Software products while minimizing costs. Concurrent-use licenses increase productivity by ensuring users have access to the software tools when needed and improve efficiency by limiting the number of unused licenses.
A concurrent-use license requires communication between the Golden Software application installed on the user’s PC, also called the client software, and the concurrent-use license management software installed on a central license server. When the client software runs, it acquires a seat from the license server. When the client software is shut down, the seat is returned to the server and is available to be used by another client.
Concurrent-use licenses offer a variety of features and benefits depending on your needs.
Flexible and efficient use of licenses
- Efficient software allocation. Software licenses are no longer tied to a single person. International organizations can utilize software all hours of the day as one group is offline while the other is online. Smaller organizations can ensure all of their users have access to the software.
- Commute licenses. Run the software without a network connection by commuting a license for up to 30 days. A commuter license gives flexibility to those visiting client sites or traveling.
- Quickly review usage. Use the built-in License Administrator tools to review usage statistics by date range, user, or product for a quick recap.
- Dive deeper. Access the license log CSV file to create your own detailed reports and conduct further analysis for day-to-day administration, budgeting, or billing purposes.
- Full or limited control. Administrators have the option to handle the entire installation process, from license server to client installation and configuration, or they can simply setup the license server and have users install the software application and provide them information to access the server.
- Limit users. Control who can and cannot license the software either per individual user or by user groups. How Can I Reserve Or Limit Access For Specific Groups, Users?
- Guarantee access. Reserve licenses for individuals or groups to ensure they always have access to the software.
- Be consistent. All users have access to the same software version, and system admins can control the update timing if desired.
- Stay up-to-date. Renew annual maintenance to receive the latest set of new features and improvements for everyone across the organization.
- Superb technology. The Golden Software concurrent-use license is powered by Gemalto Sentinel RMS technology.
Concurrent-use licenses provide much flexibility; however, this model is not for everyone. If your organization consists of frequent users who require regular access to the software, a single-user standalone license may be preferred. Alternatively, consider a hybrid solution where a concurrent-use license is available to your less frequent users and frequent users are assigned their own single-user license. In either case, your single-user licenses can remain up-to-date when maintenance is active.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to continue the discussion.
Here are some other resources you might be interested in:
- License Administrator Help Information: http://licensehelp.goldensoftware.com
- Licensing Knowledge Base Articles: https://support.goldensoftware.com/hc/en-us/sections/206824507-Licensing