Geologic maps represent the distribution of different types of rock and surficial deposits, and geologic structures including faults and folds. These maps are the key to analyzing and solving problems faced by earth scientists, land-use planners, construction engineers and alike.
If you aren't using Surfer to enhance your geologic maps, then this webinar is for you! Watch this webinar for a step by step tutorial on where to find geologic maps, how to import the data, how to clip to the desired extent, and how to combine a geologic map with a raster grid to view the model in 3D.
This webinar specifically covers the following topics:
- Where to find free geologic maps online
- Using Surfer’s Download Online Maps feature to find even more free geologic maps
- The best method to digitize faults to a vector base layer from an image or PDF
- Using Surfer’s Image Crop tool to extract a portion of a geologic map
- How to georeference imagery
- Combining geologic maps with elevation data to view in Surfer’s 3D View window
Click here to download the data used and follow along now.
Total length - 58:13