It is now possible to display one or more color scales in the 3D View for your points, surfaces and contours.
When you create a 3D View, a new category is created in 3D View Contents for Color Scales, if you have a layer in the 2D plot that uses a saved colormap. Select the Color Scales category in Contents and you can see a list of all possible color scales in the Properties window with checkboxes. These are divided into the type of layer or colors the colormap applies to, to make it easier to find the one you want.
- Checked is turned on (visible)
- Unchecked is turned off (invisible).
To modify a Color Scale's properties:
- Turn on "check" the color scale you want to display.
- When you check on the color scale, the color scale object appears in the 3D view window, and in Contents under the Color Scales category.
- Select that Color Scale to see its properties in the Properties window:
- The General page shows the the position, size and orientation of the bar
- The Title page gives you properties for the color scale title
- The Labels page gives you properties for the labels on the color scale
- The Frame page gives you properties for the frame of the color scale
- You can have multiple color scales on your 3D view window. These can be positioned by changing the X position and Y position so they are not overlapping.
Updated September 2020