It is now possible to calculate volumes inside/outside individual polygons within a multi-polygon Base(vector) layer or vector file in Surfer Beta. It is also still possible to calculate the volumes for all polygons within a layer or file collectively
To do so:
- Have your polygons contained within a Base(vector) layer in the Plot window, or within an external vector file save on your computer
- Click Grids | Calculate | Volumes to open the Grid Volume dialog.
- Choose your preferred settings for the Upper Surface and Lower Surface sections.
- In the Polygon Boundary field, choose a vector file containing your polygons, or select a Base(vector) layer containing polygons in the Plot window.
- Choose to calculate the grid statistics either Inside the polygons, Outside the polygons, or Mixed inside/outside for each polygon individually, depending on the direction flag in the vector data files (BLN files).
- Uncheck the Combine all polygons box to calculate volumes within each polygon individually.
- Click OK to generate the Grid Volume report. The statistics for each individual polygon are identified individually in the report
Updated September, 2020