It is now possible to calculate grid statistics inside/outside individual polygons within a multi-polygon Base(vector) layer or vector file in Surfer. It is also still possible to calculate the grid statistics for all polygons within a layer or file collectively
To do so:
- Have your polygons contained within a Base(vector) layer in the Plot window, or within an external vector file save on your computer
- Click Grids | Info | Grid Info to open the Grid Info dialog.
- In the Input Grid field, choose the source grid file from your computer or from a grid-based map layer in the Plot window
- In the Polygon Boundary field, choose a vector file containing your polygons, or select a Base(vector) layer containing polygons in the Plot window.
- Choose to calculate the grid statistics either Inside the polygons, Outside the polygons, or Mixed inside/outside for each polygon individually, depending on the direction flag in the vector data files (BLN files).
- Uncheck the Combine all polygons box to calculate statistics within each polygon individually.
- Click OK to generate the Grid Info report. The statistics for each individual polygon are identified individually in the report
Updated September 2020
Please sign in to leave a comment.