Link new attribute data to vector objects using attribute field names, also known as a Spatial Join. Once your vector objects have new attributes associated with them, you can create thematic maps from these objects using Base Symbology - you can even use the new Pie Map symbology feature!
To do so:
- Create a Base(vector) map which contains vector objects you wish to join new attributes to.
- In the Contents window, right-click on the Base(vector) layer and select Join Attributes from the context menu.
- In the Join Attributes dialog, in the Join File section, select the data file containing the new attributes you wish to import.
- In the Join Attributes section:
- Set the Join File Attribute field to the attribute name you wish to join by in the data file.
- Set the Base Layer Attribute field to the attribute name you wish to join by in the existing Base(vector) layer.
- Click OK to import and join the new attributes to the vector objects.
Updated May 2020