It is now possible to export high resolution images from the 3D View. To do so:
- Have the 3D View open.
- Click 3D View | Tools | Export Image.
- In the Export image dialog, choose from the available image formats (eg. TIF, PNG, JPG).
- Check the Show options dialog box.
- Choose a filename and location, and click Save.
- In the Export Options dialog, choose your preferred export image options for the chosen filetype .(eg. resolution and color format).
- Click OK and the 3D View image is exported.
Updated November 2019