You can now easily change the units that are displayed on the Scale Bar from one linear unit to another. To do so
- Select the Map Scale object in the Contents window.
- In the Properties window, click the Labels tab.
- Expand the Units header.
- The Map units field displays the units of the projection of your Map. This cannot be changed in the Map Scale properties.
- The Scale bar units are the displayed units of your Map Scale. You can change this to whatever you like.
- Maps need a coordinate system assigned for this option to be available in the Scale Bar properties.
- This option is not available when your map is in a spherical system (ie. latitude and longitude). To change the units of your Scale Bar from degrees to a linear system such as feet or meters, please refer to the instructions here:
Updated November 2019