It is now possible to Assign NoData values (either inside or outside a polygon) to the output grid during the gridding process in Surfer. To do so:
- Follow the instructions for gridding data here: Gridding data in Surfer
- On the Output page of the Grid Data wizard (the final page), you can choose the vector file to use in the NoData Polygon Boundary section.
- Either click the Browse button to choose a vector file from your computer, or:
- Click the dropdown list to select a Base(vector) layer in the active Plot window which contains a polygon.
- Choose whether to assign NoData Inside, NoData Outside, or Mixed.
- Finish assigning the rest of the parameters on the Output page.
- Click Finish to commence gridding.
Updated August 2019