We have redesigned the Grid Data tool in Surfer to give you more clarity, flexibility, and validation when gridding. At any point in the Grid Data dialog you can:
- Click Finish to commence gridding with the default parameters
- Click Skip to End to skip to the Output page
- Click Back to return to the previous screen.
- Click the X in the top right corner of the Grid Data dialog to cancel out of gridding altogether.
- Click Home | Grid Data | Grid Data to access the new gridding wizard.
- Choose your preferred gridding method from the options on the left
- In the right-hand section, choose your input data file(s), and specify the appropriate data columns for the X, Y and Z variables. Click Next.
- If kriging or cokriging is selected as the gridding method, the next page will be the Variogram Modelling page. You can read more detailed information on variogram modelling here: Click Next when finished.
- The Options page opens. Here you can choose the various search, anisotropy, breaklines or fault files for your gridding method. Click Next when finished.
- The Cross-Validation page opens. This page provides an indicator of the accuracy of the selected model via cross-validation of randomly selected data points. Click Next when finished.
- The Output page opens. Here you can specify the following options:
- The geometry of the output grid
- The Z limits of the output grid (if desired)
- Whether to Assign NoData using a polygon during gridding
- Whether to add the new output grid back into the plot as a new map layer
- Click Finish to complete gridding
Updated August 2019