Calculate grid statistics for areas inside or outside a polygon, rectangle, ellipse, or other closed shape or set of closed shapes by following the instructions below.
- Click Grids | Info | Grid Info
- In the Grid Info dialog, choose a grid-based map from the Input Grid list, or click the Browse button to choose a new grid file.
- Choose a Base(vector) layer from the Polygon Boundary list, or click the Browse button to choose a new vector file. The vector file/base layer can either be a single shape (polygon, rectangle, ellipse, etc.) or a complex polygon made up of multiple shapes.
- Specify whether you want the grid statistics calculated Inside or Outside of the shape(s), or Mixed based on the blanking flag values.
- Click OK to calculate the statistics. The results will be presented in the Grid Information Report.
Updated November 2021