Grapher Preview is an advanced version of Grapher that is still in active development. There may be bugs in the Preview version, which we hope to have fixed before the release version is available for purchase. In order for us to create the best and most stable release possible, auto-crash reporting is turned on in the Preview version of Grapher. Additionally, it is important for us to see what features are used the most so we can properly allocate our programmer resources. To that end, anonymous usage tracking is also turned on in the Preview version of Grapher.
If you do not wish to have crash information or anonymous usage data sent to us, you can continue using the previous Preview version or the release version of Grapher. In that previous Preview version or the release version, you can enable or disable anonymous usage tracking and automatic crash reporting by clicking File | Options and checking/unchecking Send anonymous usage data and/or Automatically send crash reports on the General page. Even with automatic crash reporting turned off, you can choose to manually send a crash report any time the program crashes.
See below for more information about automatic crash reporting and anonymous usage tracking.
Automatic crash reporting
Crash reports help us identify where the program is crashing or issuing errors. This is important information for us to determine what the issue is and how to fix it. With automatic crash reporting, certain information will be automatically sent to our servers if a crash or internal error occurs. This information is used solely for the purpose of finding and fixing problems within the program. It is not shared and it is not used in any other way.
The Auto-Crash Reporter will send:
- Computer name
- User login name on the computer
- Computer hardware configuration (e.g. video card and processor configuration)
- Computer software configuration (e.g. OS version)
- License information for the program
- A log of commands used in the instance of the program that crashed/issued the error (the log can contain filenames and file paths)
- A screenshot of the program just prior to the crash/error
- Crash report DMP file
Anonymous usage tracking
Anonymous usage tracking data is used solely for product improvement purposes, to find and improve the most widely-used features in Grapher. It is not shared in any way. None of the data collected contains personally identifiable information.
The program will anonymously send:
- Which features within the program are used
- Which file formats are imported or exported
- General information about the computer's hardware configuration (e.g. amount of RAM, CPU speed, number of cores and number of monitors)
- General information about the computer's software configuration (e.g. OS version)
Updated August 12, 2019