Grapher Beta is an advanced version of Grapher that is still in active development. There may be bugs in the Beta version, which we hope to have fixed before the release version is available for purchase. In order for us to create the best and most stable release possible, auto-crash reporting and useage tracking is turned on in the Beta version of Grapher. This means that certain information will be automatically sent to our servers if a crash or internal error occurs. Crash reports help us identify where Grapher Beta is crashing or issuing errors. This is important information for us to determine what the issue is and how to fix it. This information is used solely for the purpose of finding and fixing problems within the program. It is not shared or used in any other way.
The Auto-Crash Reporter will send:
- Computer name
- User login name on the computer
- Computer hardware configuration (e.g. video card and processor configuration)
- Computer software configuration (e.g. OS version)
- License information for the program
- A log of commands used in the instance of the program that crashed/issued the error (the log can contain filenames and file paths)
- A screenshot of the program just prior to the crash/error
- Crash report DMP file
Anonymous usage tracking
Anonymous usage tracking data is used solely for product improvement purposes, to find and improve the most widely-used features in Grapher. It is not shared in any way. None of the data collected contains personally identifiable information.
The program will anonymously send:
- Which features within the program are used
- Which file formats are imported or exported
- General information about the computer's hardware configuration (e.g. amount of RAM, CPU speed, number of cores and number of monitors)
- General information about the computer's software configuration (e.g. OS version)
If you do not wish to have this information distributed to us in the event of a crash or error, please continue using the release version of Grapher. In the general release version, crash reports are generated during a crash or internal error, but you will be prompted as to whether you want to send the report to us or not. Useage tracking is optional and can be turned on or off in File | Options.
Updated May 2021
Please sign in to leave a comment.