Grapher v15 added the ability to create a scatter plot and color the symbols with a gradient, based on the values in a data column. To display a scatter plot with data-based coloring and show a color scale for these points in Grapher v16 Preview:
- Select the scatter plot in the Object Manager.
- Click on the Symbol tab in the Property Manager.
- In the Plot Symbol Properties section, expand the Fill section.
- Set the Color variable.
- Define the desired Colormap.
- Check the box next to Show color scale.
- Now that the color scale exists, you can select it to edit the properties in the Property Manager.
Color scatter plot points based on data values and then display a color scale to display which values represent which colors.
Updated August 12, 2019