Color a scatter plot with a gradient
Create a scatter plot and color the symbols with a gradient, based on the values in a data column. To display a scatter plot with data-based coloring and show a color scale for these points, complete the steps below:
- Select the scatter plot in the Object Manager.
- Click on the Symbol tab in the Property Manager.
- In the Plot Symbol Properties section, expand the Fill section.
- Set the Color variable.
- Define the desired Colormap.
- Check the box next to Show color scale.
- Now that the color scale exists, you can select it to edit the properties in the Property Manager.
Color scatter plot points based on data values and then display a color scale to display which values represent which colors.
- Select your line plot.
- Click on the Line tab in the Property Manager.
- In the Plot Line Properties section, change the Color method to Colormap.
- Choose the desired predefined color gradient from the Colormap list, or click the ... button to create a custom colormap.
Color a line plot via a gradient from the beginning of the line to the end of the line based on the data order.
Updated September 2023