The Grapher Presets list in the Colormap Editor dialog and the Colormap list in the Property Manager display a number of predefined colormaps (or gradients) for you to choose from. However, you can still add your own colormaps to these lists, or change the order of the existing presets, by following the instructions below.
- Open the Colormap Editor by applying a linear or radial gradient type and then clicking the ... button in the Colormap field.
- Either design your colormap by editing the colormap nodes, or click Load to load an existing CLR file.
- To add a new colormap to the lists:
- Click the Add button in the Presets section.
- Give your new colormap a name.
- Click OK.
- To edit existing colormaps:
- Click the Edit button.
- In the Edit Presets List dialog, drag and drop the colormaps to rearrange them in the lists.
- Rename a colormap by selecting it, clicking the Rename button, entering a new name, and clicking OK.
- Load new CLR files directly into the lists by clicking the Load button, selecting a CLR file, and clicking OK.
- Remove a colormap by selecting it and clicking the Remove button.
- Click OK to exit the Edit Presets List dialog.
- Click OK in the Colormap Editor dialog to apply your new colormap to the selected object.
The changes will be automatically saved.
Updated August 12, 2019