Welcome to Surfer Beta! We greatly appreciate your time and attention in helping us make Surfer the best possible program for you.
This knowledge base space is visible to everyone. Please be sure to use this space, and not the regular Surfer space, for communication about Surfer Beta.
As long as you have active maintenance, you can download and install Surfer Beta from your My Account portal at any time. You may continue using Surfer Beta for as long as you have active maintenance. Simply download and install Surfer Beta and use it in your daily tasks or specifically for testing purposes.
- Purpose: The Beta program is a way for you to get to use the new software earlier than the release date free of charge, to report problems, and tell us if you have any suggestions for feature improvements. We are looking for user feedback!
- New Features: There are many new features in Surfer Beta. Please familiarize yourself with the new feature set. We would love to hear your feedback on any of the new features and functionality in Surfer Beta, so please feel free to comment on existing articles, email us with any questions or comments you have, or any problems you encounter. Learn how to use the new features in the Surfer Beta section of our Support Portal.
- Expiration: Please continue use of the Surfer Beta software once the next version of Surfer is released to the general public. At this time, we will also issue an update for the Beta version, so you will be using the release version until the next feature set is available to test. Once your maintenance expires, you can continue using the version you have, but without renewing your maintenance, you will be unable to access the next Beta version when it is updated. If at any time you choose to go back from Beta to the release version, you will still be able to open SRF files created in Surfer Beta, however parts of the SRF project related to the Beta features may not be viewable/functional in the release version.
- Contact: Join the new Surfer Beta Slack community and start chatting to us and other users about new features in Surfer Beta! See here for more details: Surfer Beta Slack community. Alternatively, you can email any questions, problems, suggestions, general use comments, advice or anything else to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any problems activating or using Surfer Beta with your license, please contact email@example.com.
- Updates: We will periodically release updates to the Beta software, and announcements for the update will be posted on the forums. We suggest following the Surfer Beta Version History article so you are notified when an update has been released.
Thank you in advance for your testing and feedback!
Updated November 12, 2021