If mosaicking your grid files is leaving a contact/seam, convert the grids to data files, merge the data files and remove the NoData values, and regrid the data. The exact steps are:
- Click Grids | Edit | Convert.
- Select the first grid file, in the Grid Info section note the Size (rows and columns) of the grid file, and click Open.
- In the Save Grid As dialog, selectDAT XYZ (*.dat)as the Save as type, give the file a name and click Save.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for the other grid file, so you have two DAT files.
- Click File | Open, select one DAT and click Open. It will open in the Surfer worksheet.
- Scroll to the bottom of the file and click in the first empty cell in Column A.
- Click Data | Edit | Merge.
- Select the second DAT file and click Open. The new data will be appended to the bottom of the first file.
- Select all three columns (A, B and C) and click Data | Data | Sort.
- Choose Sort First By: Column C, Descending, and click OK.
- Select the first row with the blanking value (1.70141e+38) in Column C.
- Scroll to the last row that has the blanking value it in, hold the SHIFT key down and select the last row with the blanking value in Column C. That will select all the intervening rows.
- Click Data | Edit | Delete.
- Once all the blanking values are deleted from the data file, click File | Save(or File | Save As) and save the file to a DAT file.
- Click Home | Grid Data | Grid Data, select the DAT file and clickOpen.
- In the Grid Data dialog, choose the Nearest Neighbor gridding method and set the # of Nodes equal to that of the original grid file (noted in Step 2 above). Set the file path and file name for the output grid file and click OK.
Updated November 27, 2019