In some cases users may find it useful to show the x axis for just a portion of the plot, so by default Grapher does not clip the plot to the axis limits. The plot can easily be clipped to the axis limits by following these steps:
- Select the plot in the Object Manager.
- Click on the Data Limits tab in the Property Manager.
- In the Clipping section, click on None in the X minimum field and select Axis from the dropdown list.
- Repeat step 3 for the X maximum field, if desired.
If this is something you will be doing often and you don't wish to change the clipping individually each time, you can update the default settings by:
- Click File | Defaults.
- In the pane on the right, select the plot type you want to change.
- In the pane on the right, click on the Clipping tab.
- In the X minimum field, click on None and select Axis from the dropdown list.
- In the X maximum field, click on None and select Axis from the dropdown list.
- Repeat steps 2-5 for any other plot types you would like to clip in this way.
- Click OK to save the changes.
*Note* - You will not want to do this for Math Plots or XYZ-dxdydz Vector Plots since they will not display properly with Axis clipping applied.
Updated June 26, 2019