Many users find it helpful to keep the X axis visible for just a portion of the plot. By default, Grapher does not clip the plot to the axis limits. To clip the axis limits for your plot, follow these steps.
- Select the plot in the Object Manager.
- Click on the Data Limits tab in the Property Manager.
- In the Clipping section, click on None in the X minimum field and select Axis from the dropdown list.
- Repeat step 3 for the X maximum field, if desired.
The axes limits will automatically update to the clipping limits and the plot will adjust to show only the portion of the data within those limits.
If you clip your plots often and don't want to re-clip each plots every time, you can update the default settings by:
- Click File | Defaults.
- In the pane on the right, select the plot type you want to change.
- In the pane on the right, click on the Clipping tab.
- In the X minimum field, click on None and select Axis from the dropdown list.
- In the X maximum field, click on None and select Axis from the dropdown list.
- Repeat steps 2-5 for any other plot types you would like to clip in this way.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Updated May 2023