Grapher allows bar charts to be created where the bar width is varied based on from/to or width values defined in the data file. To create a variable width bar chart that uses the axes units to define the width of the bars, follow to steps below.
- Click Home | New Graph | Bar and select one of the bar chart plot types.
- In the Open Worksheet dialog, navigate to the data file and click Open.
- In the Object Manager, click on the Bar Chart to select it.
- In the Property Manager, click the Plot tab.
- In the Plot Options section, expand the Width settings section.
- Click next to Type and select Variable from the drop-down menu.
- Set Variable units to Axis units (width) or Axis units (interval).
- Set the Width variable or X2 variable/Y2 variable to the appropriate width or ending interval column/row from your data file.
Updated August 2019