You can create bar charts in which the bar width varies based on from/to or width values in your data file. Variable width bar charts use axes units to define the width of the bars. To create a variable width bar chart in Grapher, follow the steps below.
- Click Home | New Graph | Bar and select one of the bar chart plot types.
- In the Open Worksheet dialog, navigate to the data file and click Open.
- In the Object Manager, click on the Bar Chart to select it.
- In the Property Manager, click the Plot tab.
- In the Plot Options section, expand the Width settings section.
- Click next to Type and select Variable from the drop-down menu.
- Set Variable units to Axis units (width) or Axis units (interval).
- Set the Width variable or X2 variable/Y2 variable to the appropriate width or ending interval column/row from your data file.
Updated March 2023
Please sign in to leave a comment.