To create a math plot showing the summation as stacked areas in Grapher, follow these steps.
- Click the Graph in the Object Manager to select it.
- Click Graph Tools | Add to Graph | Math Plot. By default, a summation plot using each of the applicable plots in the graph will be created.
- Click the Math Plot in the Object Manager.
- In the Plot tab of the Property Manager, click Edit in the Plot equation field. The Math Plot dialog will open.
- Adjust the Plot equation using the plot Variable in brackets and the listed Operator and Function options listed. For example to create a stacked area plot:
- Click Apply to view the results on the graph and then click OK to close the dialog.
To change the area fill:
- Click Math Plot in the Object Manager.
- In the Property Manager, click the Fill tab.
- Change the Pattern to your desired pattern and adjust the other properties as desired.
Updated May 2023