A line/scatter plot can be created by performing a number of mathematical operations on existing line/scatter plots.
To create a math plot showing the summation stacked as areas in Grapher, complete the steps below:
- Click the Graph in the Object Manager to select it.
- Click Graph Tools | Add to Graph | Math Plot. By default, a summation plot using each of the applicable plots in the graph will be created.
- Click the Math Plot in the Object Manager.
- In the Plot tab of the Property Manager, click Edit in the Plot equation field. The Math Plot dialog will open.
- Adjust the Plot equation using the plot Variable in brackets and the listed Operator and Function options listed. For example to create a stacked area plot:
- Click Apply to view the results on the graph and then click OK to close the dialog.
To add the fill see the steps below:
- Click Math Plot in the Object Manager.
- In the Property Manager, click the Fill tab.
- Change the Pattern to your desired pattern and adjust the other properties as desired.
You may also be interested in the following resources:
- Grapher Adding Fill Between Plots Training Video
- Assigning Different Fill Colors Above and Below Intersecting Plots In Grapher
Updated December 2021