In Grapher you can break an axis and use a specific symbol on both the plot and the axis itself to indicate where the break is. This is a available for any plots where Break Axis is enabled.
To break the axis and change the symbol properties:
- In the Object Manager, click the desired axis to select it.
- In the Property Manager, click on the Break Axis tab.
- In the Break Axis section, check the box next to Break axis box to break the axis.
- Choose which data interval you would like to be skipped in the graph by entering axis values into the Break from and Break to fields.
- In the Break mark properties section, choose the desired axis break symbol from the Type field.
- Choose the desired plot break symbol from the Break plot with field.
- Use Symbol to manually choose a specific symbol to use in the Plot break symbol section.
- Use Axis break mark to use the same symbol as the axis break symbol.
- Use Grid line to draw a grid lines at the start and end of the break.
- Use None to leave an empty gap at the break.
Show an axis break with empty space (upper left), a user-defined symbol (upper right), the break axis symbol (lower left), or grid lines (lower right).
Updated March 10, 2020