Grapher allows users to add many predefined fits to graphs. One type of fit available is the Polynomial fit. By default, the polynomial degree is chosen as the value resulting in the best fit curve for the selected plot.
See the steps below to add a Polynomial fit:
- In the Object Manager, select the plot you wish to add the fit curve to.
- Click Home | Add to Graph | Fit Curve.
- In the Object Manager, select the fit curve plot.
- In the Property Manager, click the Plot tab.
- Change the Fit type to Polynomial.
To edit any additional aspects of the fit curve, you can select the fit curve in the Object Manager and then edit the various parameters (such as the Fit type and Plot Interval) in the Property Manager. More details on editing Fit Curves can be found here: Grapher Fit Curves Training Video.
Created March 11, 2019