This article contains a sample script for opening an existing GPJ or GRT file where the supporting data file or project file has been moved to a different location, and the script prompts you for the data file.
To run this script in Grapher 15 or newer:
- Click here to download the BAS file: SpecifyWorksheet.BAS.
- Click Automation | Scripts | Run, select the BAS file from your downloads directory, and click Open.
- Copy the script below.
- Open Grapher and turn on the Script Manager by clicking View | Display | Script Manager.
- Press Ctrl+A to select all of the existing lines in the Script Manager and then press DELETE.
- Press Ctrl+V to paste it into the Script Manager.
- Click the green arrow Start/Resume icon in the Script Manager.
Sub Main 'Initialize Grapher Dim Grapher As Object Set Grapher = CreateObject("Grapher.Application") Grapher.Visible = True '============================ 'User-defined variables '============================ filepath$ = "C:\temp\" filename$ = "Plot1.grf" datafile$ = "newdata.xlsx" '============================ 'Open an existing document Set PlotDoc = Grapher.Documents.Open(filepath$+filename$,filepath$+datafile$) End Sub
Updated April 8, 2019
Please sign in to leave a comment.