This article contains a sample script for opening an existing GPJ or GRT file where the supporting data file or project file has been moved to a different location, and the script prompts you for the data file.
To run this script:
- Click here to download the BAS file: SpecifyWorksheet.BAS
- Click Automation | Scripts | Run, select the BAS file from your downloads directory, and click Open.
- Copy the script below.
- Open Grapher and turn on the Script Manager by clicking View | Display | Script Manager.
- Press Ctrl+A to select all of the existing lines in the Script Manager and then press DELETE.
- Press Ctrl+V to paste it into the Script Manager.
- Click the Start/Resume icon ( ) in the Script Manager.
'Create Grapher as an Object
Dim Grapher As Object
Set Grapher = CreateObject("Grapher.Application")
Grapher.Visible = True
'Open an existing document
Set barchartgpj = Grapher.Documents.Open("C:\users\<user name>\desktop\<plot name>.grf")