You can easily add error bars to your plots, where the error value can be derived from various parameters. Follow these steps to add Error Bars to a Line Plot:
- Click Home | New Graph | Basic | Line/Scatter Plot
- In the Open Worksheet dialog, select your data file and click Open. The plot is created.
- In the Property Manager, click the Error Bars tab. By default, error bars will be drawn using the average value for the plot
- Expand the Average Value Properties header:
- Check the Plot bars box to draw average value error bars on your plot.
- Change the Orientation field to Horizontal or Vertical to change the direction of the bars.
- Check the Plot symbols or Connect points boxes, if you wish.
If you want to have a different type of error bar than Average Value, this can also be selected on the Error Bars tab of the Property Manager:
- In the Property Manager, click the Error Bars tab.
- Set the Direction field to Horizontal, Vertical, or Vertical and Horizontal. Selecting one of these options will open the error bar options.
- Set the Type field to your preferred method.
- The other error bar formatting options can also be chosen on this page within the General section.
Updated March 12, 2019