Grapher has the ability to assign different fill properties such as fill color based on whether the bar is above or below a user-defined base value. This applies to the following bar chart types: 2D Vertical/Horizontal, 3D Vertical/Horizontal, and Category Vertical/Horizontal.
To color positive and negative bars different colors:
- Create the bar chart of your choice using the Home | New Graph | Basic | <bar chart type> select the data file and click Open.
- In the Object Manager, select the bar chart layer.
- In the Property Manager, on the Plot page, set the Base value in the Plot Options section to 0.
- On the Fill page, check the box next to Different fill if bars<base.
- Expand each Fill Properties section and select the desired Foreground color.
Updated March 8, 2019