The default fit equation is Y = F(X) but, it can be changed a function of Y (X=F(Y)) after the fit curve is added to the plot. See the instructions below to change the fit direction for a fit curve to X=F(Y):
- In the Object Manager, select the plot you would like to add the fit to.
- In the ribbon, click Home | Add to Graph | Fit Curve.
- In the Object Manager, you will now see a new layer named Linear Fit - <plot name>. Click this new fit curve plot to select it.
- On the Plot page in the Property Manager, in the Fit section, change the Fit direction to X = F(Y).
- The Fit type can be changed just below in the Fit type field if desired.
Updated March 5, 2019