Beginning with Grapher 15, it is possible to apply a colormap or gradient to symbol fill color based on a numeric data column. Complete the steps below to apply a gradient fill color to your scatter plot symbols.
- Click the scatter plot in the Object Manager to select it.
- Click the Symbol tab in the Property Manager.
- In the Plot Symbol Properties | Fill section, click in the Color column field and select your desired data column/row. This is the column/row containing the data values that the gradient fill will be based on.
- Select the desired predefined color gradient from the Colormap list, or click the Custom colormap button () to define your own.
- If desired, check the box next to Show color scale to add a color scale defining what values correspond with what colors.
Grapher Scatter Plot with Gradient Symbol Fill Color
Updated March 13, 2020