Bar chart data often uses categories or descriptions for each set of bar data. If your floating bar chart data has text values as a variable, a few extra steps are required to display the data. Instructions for creating a horizontal category floating bar chart are provided below.
- Click File | Open, select your data file, and click Open to view the data in the worksheet.
- In the worksheet, select the rows and columns containing your data (A2 to C5 in this case).
- Click Home | New Graph | Bar | Horizontal floating bar chart .
- Click the floating bar chart in the Object Manager to select it.
- In the Plot tab of the Property Manager, click in the Y column field and select Sequence number.
- If any of your bars represent zero change:
- Click the Line tab.
- In the Plot Line Properties section, click in the Color field and select 50% Black or your preferred line color.
- Click the Y Axis in the Object Manger to select it.
- Click the Labels tab in the Property Manager.
- Click in the Label source field and select From worksheet.
- Click in the Worksheet field and select your open worksheet.
- Click in the Data variable field and select Sequence number.
- Click in the Label variable field and select Column A or the column containing the text categories.
- Click the + next to Worksheet rows to expand the section.
- Increase the value in the First row field to 2.
Updated November 2, 2018