Bar chart data often uses categories or descriptions for each set of bar data. Instructions for creating a horizontal category floating bar chart are provided below.
- Click Home | New Graph | Bar | Horizontal floating bar chart.
- In the Open Worksheet dialog, select your data file and click Open.
- Click the floating bar chart in the Object Manager to select it.
- On the Plot page in the Property Manager, check the box next to Data in rows if your data is in rows rather than in columns.
- Set the Y variable to Sequence number and set the X variable and X2 variable to the desired data columns/rows.
- Click the Y Axis in the Object Manager to select it.
- Click the Labels tab in the Property Manager.
- Click in the Label source field and select From worksheet.
- Click in the Worksheet field and select your open worksheet.
- If your text categories are listed in a row rather than a column, check the box next to Data in rows.
- Click in the Data variable field and select Sequence number.
- Click in the Label variable field and select the column/row containing the text categories.
- If your data has a header row/column, click the + next to Worksheet range to expand the section, and then increase the value in the First row or First column field to 2.
Updated May 2023