In Surfer 11 and previous versions, this takes a few extra steps. You must export a "dummy" file, saving the map coordinates, and then export the project to the real file using the saved map coordinates. To do this:
- Open the SRF file, and select the Map in the Object Manager. This is the map you want to use for the export coordinates.
- Click File | Export.
- We are going to export this to a dummy file, saving the map units. Choose to export as a whatever file format you wish, check the Selected objects only check box, give the file a name (ie. Dummy.dxf) and click Save.
- In the Export Options dialog, choose Scaling source to be Application, verify that the File Rectangle units are in map units, and check the Save scaling info check box.
- Click OK and the dummy file is created.
- Now we can export the entire project to a new file in correct units. Click File | Export.
- Choose to export as a new file, do not check (uncheck) Selected objects only, give the file a name (ie. Real.dxf) and click Save.
- In the Export Options dialog, choose Scaling source to be Saved and the File Rectangle units will be converted to the ones saved previously (they will be converted from inches to real map units).
- Click OK and the real file is created.