You can easily save or copy the attributes in the Attribute table for use in other applications, such as Microsoft Excel.
To save the attributes:
- Open the Attribute Table and click the Save button.
- In the Save as dialog, choose a Save as type (such as XLS or, DAT), name the file and click Save.
To copy the attributes:
- Select the cells you want to copy in the Attribute Table by clicking the left mouse button down and dragging the cursor over the cells. The selected cells will turn dark blue. Hold CTRL and left click to select non-adjacent cells.
- With the mouse button still held down (and the cells still dark blue), press CTRL+C on the keyboard.
- Release the mouse and then you can paste into the other program.
Updated November 26, 2019