In MapViewer 8, the installation log is saved to your computer's temporary directory. You can create and find this file by:
- Right-click the MapViewer installation EXE file and click Run as administrator.
- After the installation fails, open Windows Explorer.
- In the address bar at the top, clear the contents, type in %temp%, and press ENTER on the keyboard
- The file is MapViewer_8_installer_log.txt. Please email the log file to email@example.com along with the full text of the installation error message.
For MapViewer versions 7 and previous, you can specify to create a log file during MapViewer installation. To do this:
- Click the Windows Start button.
- In the Run line, enter the full file path and file name of the MapViewer 7 installation EXE file followed by: "/l=C:\MapViewer.log"
Note: the quotes must be included, and there's a space between the EXE file name and the first set of quotes. For example, it could look like (replace the EXE file name with the correct name) C:\Temp\MapViewer_Download.exe "/l=C:\MapViewer.log"
- Click OK or press ENTER on the keyboard to initiate the installation. The log file is created in the location specified (i.e. C:\MapViewer.log)
- After the installation fails, please email the log file to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the full text of the installation error message.
Updated March 30, 2018