If you have a DXF site plan that you'd like to add contours to, Surfer can use the point data in the DXF directly to create a grid file. Follow the steps below to do this.
- Click Home | Grid Data | Grid Data.
- Click Open Data dialog, select the DXF file in the Open worksheets field and then click Open.
- In the Grid Data dialog, adjust the gridding parameters as desired and then click OK.
- Click OK in the Surfer dialog indicating that the grid was created.
- Click Home | New Map | Contour.
- In the Open Grid dialog, select the new grid file and click Open.
- The contour map is created.
Updated: October 18, 2018