Important Note: This article only applies to Surfer 14/15, Grapher 13, and Strater 5.5. Later versions do not use the registry for license settings.
See the article How To Apply License Settings Without User Interaction for more detail.
The license data settings that are applied using a license data setup file can be applied by creating entries in the Windows Registry of the client computer. Follow the steps below to create the appropriate keys in the Windows Registry.
- Sign in to the desired end-user's computer account.
- Open the Windows Registry Editor.
- Navigate to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Golden Software\Grapher or Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Golden Software\Surfer.
- Right-click the Grapher or Surfer or Strater folder and select New | Key.
- Enter Licensing as the new key name.
- Right-click the new Licensing key and select New | String Value.
- Enter the appropriate Name and Data values from the table below.
Updated November 1, 2018