The license settings file is used to apply license configuration settings without user interaction. License settings allow for automatic activation of a product key, connection to a license server, or to suppress various end-user notifications.
The general steps for using a license settings file:
- Download the Example_License_Settings_File.txt file.
- Rename and modify the file as needed. The file includes in-line documentation, or see the table listed below.
- Install the program either manually or with a deployment tool using EXE or MSI installer that you downloaded from Golden Software.
- Copy the settings file to the computer.
- Run the program once from the command line with the /LicenseSettingsFile switch.
Example command to run the program and apply the settings file: "C:\Program Files\Golden Software\Surfer 13\Surfer.exe" /LicenseSettingsFile= "C:\Users\Jane\Desktop\Settings.txt"
- Settings cannot be applied when installing the software using EXE or MSI file. The settings are only applied when running the installed program.
- Settings only need to be applied once. It is not recommended to use the settings file switch everytime the program is run.
- After applying the License Settings File, the settings are stored in the registry. See the related article links below.
- You can change a single settings by only entering a value for that one setting and leaving all other settings blank or commented out.
The table below provides additional information about the available options that can be set using the license settings file.
*The default behavior is how the software behaves if the setting is not defined. The default behavior will not change a previously applied setting.
**The SetCEIP setting can be overwritten by the user in the software Options dialog by checking the Track Usage box.