The license data setup file is used to apply license configuration settings without user interaction. License settings allow for automatic activation of a product key, connection to a license server, and to suppress various end-user notifications. This file is typically used by IT Admins who are deploying our software with SCCM and want to configure the licensing during the deployment.
Download the LicenseDataSetup-Template.txt file to get started.
- Edit this file to enable/disable the items listed below. Any text after a "#" is seen as a comment.
- Blank values will result in no change to an existing setting.
- This file can be used for both standalone and concurrent/network licensed applications.
- For more information, go to support.goldensoftware.com and search for 'license setup'.
How to use:
There are three methods to apply license data/settings to the software.
- For Surfer 16+, Grapher 14+, and Strater 5.6+ - all three options below work, and licensing is set for all users on the computer.
- For Surfer 14/15, Grapher 13, and Strater 5.5 - only option 3 below will work, and licensing is set only for the running user.
Option 1: Apply license settings during installation
This is the best option for SCCM deployment.
msiexec /i "Surfer_16_Installer.msi" /quiet CMDLINE="LIC_CONFIG_FILE=""C:\ProgramData\Golden Software\Shared\MyLicenseSetup.txt"""
The CMDLINE value must include all quote characters, and the file path must be a full absolute path.
Option 2: Apply license settings during one-time run of program
Place a file named "LicenseDataSetup-<program>.txt" where <program> is replaced with "Surfer", "Grapher", "Grapher Preview", or "Strater" in the folder C:\ProgramData\Golden Software\Shared\.
Then wait for any user on the computer to run the program. The "LicenseDataSetup-<program>.txt" file will renamed as "LicenseDataSetup-<program>-Applied.txt" so that the change is applied only once.
Option 3: Apply license settings during launch of the program
Run the installed program EXE file once with the /licenseSettingsFile switch.
"C:\Program Files\Golden Software\Grapher\Grapher.exe" /licenseSettingsFile="C:\ProgramData\Golden Software\Shared\MyLicenseSetup.txt"
License Settings Available
The table below provides additional information about the available options that can be set using the license settings file.
*The default behavior is how the software behaves if the setting is not defined. The default behavior will not change a previously applied setting.
**The SetCEIP setting can be overwritten by the user in the software Options dialog by checking the Track Usage box.