The color for each point or symbol in a post map can be defined in the worksheet using a color column. Define a color for each point in the worksheet using the color name or an RGB or RGBA color classification in an empty column. Then follow the steps below to assign the color column to the post map.
- Click the Post layer in the Contents window to select it.
- Click the Symbol tab in the Properties window.
- In the Symbol Color section, click the current value in the Color column field and select the appropriate worksheet column.
- Click the current value in the Color method field and select Explicit color names.
Surfer 15: Properties window showing symbol properties and resulting Post Map.
Additional articles you may be interested in include:
- What colors can I use in the data file for the color column for my Surfer post map?
- Can I indicate the symbols I want on my Surfer post map using the symbol index?
- Can I set the color or opacity of symbols in a Surfer post map to be based on a Z value?
Updated November 2, 2017