Surfer serial numbers are stored in the Windows registry. You can edit the registry to remove the serial number. This may be necessary when installing a new copy of Surfer 13 that is using a different serial number than the previous copy. The serial number may be stored in a few different places, depending on how Surfer was installed. The steps below can be used to remove the serial number. Please be very careful when editing the Windows registry.
- Type regedit into the Windows search bar, and press ENTER.
- Navigate to the location below that corresponds with how Surfer was installed.
- 64-bit, installed for all users: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Golden Software\Surfer\13.
- 32-bit, installed for all users: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Golden Software\Surfer\13
- 64-bit, installed for all users: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Golden Software\Surfer\13.
- 32-bit, installed for all users: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Golden Software\Surfer\13
The next time Surfer is started, it will prompt the user to enter the serial number.
Updated January 30, 2017